Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday

Sunday I started feeling better!  My head had been feeling better but I was really dragging and just not feeling well prior to that.  I think it just takes a while for my head get used to a different pressure.  My poor brain has been a bit traumatized over the years.  My headache isn't entirely gone this time, but much more tolerable.

As I said, I am feeling better but still struggling some with the sensitivities yet.  I needed earplugs throughout both church services, but I think that will improve.  Overall I do feel better and hope that I can stay this well or better in the coming days and weeks.  The weakness and inability to multi-task or even separate more than one voice talking at the same time is still quite frustrating but will also hopefully improve.  One day at a time, I continue to remind myself (and Kyle reminds me as well!)

My dad is doing better but still struggles quite a bit with dizziness all the time.  This may very well be a problematic thing that can wane in ebb in severity, but he is carrying on pretty well right now.  He is a tough guy so you can't always believe him if he says that he is fine. 

Tami is getting a second opinion on her cancer diagnosis and treatment on Wednesday.  We are thankful that she is getting a second opinion and pray that the direction and treatment choice is clear for her.

Tanner had an appointment this morning to x-ray his foot to see how the broken bone is healing.  Thankfully it is healing well.  He was disappointed to find out that he will be on crutches at least three more weeks, and then a period of time longer with the boot and no crutches and then a period of limited activity.  He was quite determined to run the last cross country race in three weeks hoping he would be done, and although I warned him that wasn't likely he was very disappointed when the doctor told him what the next few months would look like.  His youthful exuberance was stifled a bit today.  :)

So we all continue to move forward.  Life is certainly not easy and some days seem to go a little easier than others.  Again I long for the normal things of life but am thankful that I am able to go to church and am spending more time in the office.  I pray that as the days pass I can expand my horizons a bit and start "living life" more than I have been able.  My goal right now is to have my head feel well enough to watch Kylie's first drill team performance at a football game.  It takes a lot of energy to go to something like that and my head has to be tolerable enough to handle the noise and activity of all the people so it is a big goal but something that is very important to me and to her. 

No comments: