Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday

Well, I spent another several hours in an emergency room this morning. I am really getting sick of those and hospitals!

I woke up at about 2:00 am with strong pain in my right side, particularly under my rib. As the minutes and hours wore by, the pain became so intense that I couldn't move. I had spasms that took my breath away and unfortunately my knight in shining armor had to come to my rescue once again. He contemplated the ambulance since I wasn't moving, but somehow got me into my wheelchair and then out to the van.

We are still not certain what the problem is. The tests came back normal, but I believe that that there will be more tests coming out in the future that will have more information! :) I think it may be my pancreas acting up again. I am on pain medication and moving just a little so much better than this morning but not great. I had the option of staying in the hospital for the night but I nixed that idea very quickly. I have developed a strong aversion to staying in hospitals! I can rest better in my bed and take pain meds at home. If it isn't much better I will be heading in to repeat tests tomorrow afternoon. I only really had vegetables yesterday and angel food cake with strawberries. However, I ate a meat sandwich Saturday evening and a whole hamburger Sunday evening. You would think that those would have gotten me right away if they are the culprit but that is the only thing I can think of that could have caused this many problems! I really don't know if I will ever eat a hamburger again, though!

I am getting so tired. Each time that I have been in bad shape for a while, I find that it becomes harder to pick up again both physically and mentally. This time has been tough again, and this little hiccup is a bit of a discouragement!

No comments: