Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Small bump in the road

Well, I spent a little time in the hospital again. Yep, you read it correctly. We are very thankful, though, that it turned out to be very minor. I started throwing up last night and heaved almost contantly for several hours till Kyle brought me in. Of course, with my issues, they were a little extra concerned that it might be more than the flu, but it appears that is all it is. I spent about 12 hours there in observation and then was released. I have dreaded the hospital so much, but this was pretty easy. What a way to spend Kyle's birthday!

We thankful for the Lord's provision in protecting me from something more serious than the flu! A shunt infection would not be so great--I already know that road from this summer!

It wasn't funny at the time, but Kyle kept asking me if he could bring me in. "Can I bring you to the hospital?" I said, "no!" We repeated this several times until I finally agreed. Kyle moved pretty fast when he heard a quiet yes so that I wouldn't have time to change my mind! Since he carried me out to the car, I ended up not having shoes on and had my nighty on over my sweats. I didn't care when he brought me in but felt a little more silly when I walked out!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Oh hon!! So sorry. Why do you have to get normal things on top of your big thing? Ah, well. Praise God it wasn't more. I have this image of Kyle swooping up his princess to take her to safety...