Sunday, October 4, 2009

Better

My head is finally adjusting to the new pressure change. I had hoped that perhaps the headache would leave but it maybe slightly improved it. Thankfully it is still very tolerable now that I am used to the new pressure, so we keep moving forward.

Sometimes I am amazed at how tired I can become, and it is a tired that is hard to explain. Physically I am tired and mentally I am even more exhausted. Of course, that varies but I don't remember ever feeling such a total exhaustion like this before. Oh yes, I would get very tired and exhausted but this is a little different and a bit overwhelming sometimes. I suppose that will just continue to take time.

I am excited to report that my stomach--or probably more acurately my pancreas--seems to be improving a little bit. I ate a little bit of a pork chop and it went ok! Hamburger beyond a few bites still bothers me but I can see that I am making progress with meat and a few other things, which is encouraging.

I have been thinking about this illness and wonder sometimes. I continue to pray for recovery and restoration of health, but should I concentrate more on thanking God for the things that He has done for us through this? Perhaps the answer to attaining good health will always be "no." I can't honestly say that I am thankful for this illness because it is very hard, but I am so thankful for all that I have learned and the things the Lord has taught me through this. I am trying to spend much more time on thankfulness for many blessings but will continue to ask for good health. How many things did I take for granted before this happened? A lot! I guess I still do to a certain extent, but much less then I did before. I also yearn more and more for the Lord to come soon!

But I also look at my husband and kids and am very thankful that the Lord spared me once again so that I can continue being a wife and mom. A friend told me today that when she visited me in the hospital this summer that she really didn't think I would come home. I am thankful that my kids still have a mom and my dear husband has a wife, so we will keep moving forward and see what the Lord has in store for our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I hope and pray for good health for you as well. One thing I have learned over the past few months with our family tragedy is that we must always trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding. I have said many prayers asking God to reveal his will to us. Keep your faith! :)
Joyce