Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday


We continue to experience what I am guessing is H1N1, although we haven't been tested. Riley and Kylie started our household last week, Tanner had a very mild case over the weekend (I think--didn't slow him down much) and now Tara has it. She has probably been the worst, with the temp up and down, congestion, coughing and sore throat. So we have been home together yesterday and today. The only ones left are yours truly and Kyle. We'll see if we get it or are spared.


I feel like I have kind of come to a stand still. I can't really see that I have made progress the last several weeks in gaining strength. Admittedly, I used to (a couple years ago) burn the candle at both ends, pushing myself beyond what I probably should have. How many moms don't, though, especially when you add work to the mix. I remember running from first thing in the morning until 10 or 11 at night without really sitting or relaxing any day except the Lord's day. It ocassionally drives me crazy when I see so much to do, things that I really want to do, that I just can't do. Returning to the life that I had "before" probably isn't going to happen and that may be best, but I hope I can reach a happy medium. The needs are still there, but the ability to do them just isn't following.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, still got your blog bookmarked and check in once in a while. Caryn and Alexa are sick as well right now. Hope you can stay healthy as this thing runs its course. We continue to hold you in our prayers. Micah Schouten

Anonymous said...

Dear Cindy,
Thanks for continuing to post here. I check every Sunday to see what has happened in your life during the last week, and although you probably don't know what to report sometimes, it is nice to know how to pray. I will be praying for patience and peace for you and good health for your whole family. Kim Philipsen