Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday

I hope everyone had a blessed and restful Sabbath. I am so enjoying being able to attend our church twice each Sunday. What a privilege!

I probably spoke a little early on my pancreas settling down. It seems that it was getting better but this week it became a little worse again. Another "episode" occurred again with the pancreas area where I have a very strong pain for about 30-45 seconds under my right rib. It hit suddenly, but I can't move, talk or function until it subsides. It aches for about a day after the pain subsides, but that 30 seconds is painful and scary. I've only had it happen twice. The first time, a few weeks ago, and then this week again. I called the surgeon, after my family's urging, and he is ordering additional tests and I am starting a new drug. It hopefully will help with the eating and this pain that I've had. We'll see what happens. I would rather ignore it. This pancreas thing still feels like an unimportant side problem compared to the headaches, but Iguess it is still a problem.

My head has been varying in levels of headache, but all still tolerable. The weather seems to cause problems. Friday and Saturday were good, which I appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Maybe once the medicine for the pamcreas kicks in, you will be able to feel a lot better! Glad to hear your headaches are still tolerable. Keeping you in my daily prayers...
Joyce

Mary and Lyle said...

Hey Cindy,

I am thankful that you can go to church twice each Sunday. What a blessing. I am praying that the new drug will help your pancreas! Thinking of you so much!

Mary