Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday

We officially have the flu in our house, but so far I have been spared. Kylie & Riley have not been feeling well, but we are really hoping they won't share.

I saw another doctor on Wednesday. I haven't written about this because again it seems like an unimportant side issue. My left foot is causing me some problems again. I had a Morton's neuroma removed from both feet about 3-4 years ago and it feels like one is back. I saw the podiatrist finally (something I have put off for about 2 years) and he thinks I may not need surgery! Yeah! He thinks it has something to do with the bones in the fourth joint, right smack against where the neuroma was removed. My orthodics were revised and we will see if that will start helping the problem. The thought of another surgery makes me sick to my stomach but if I needed it done we decided that we should get it done this year since we are far beyond deductibles and co-pays. Denial just didn't get rid of the problem, but I am optimistic now that I won't have to deal with that!

My head has been a little better on the average this week. I optimistically bought tickets a while ago for a music concert coming up in town and am a little concerned about how that will go but I really, really want to do that! I guess we'll see.

Thank you to the few that are still reading this blog. I wish sometimes that I knew who has all read this blog and I would like to thank you in person for caring enough to stick with me through this long journey!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you want to know who's reading...I'll start. This is Kristy Marquis. I read a couple times a week and think of you & your family often. So glad to hear you're doing better! :)

Anonymous said...

still reading and still praying. i check your blog on a daily basis. even tho i don't always leave comments, you and your family are not far from my thoughts.

someone else posted an interesting part of their devotional this morning...found it so very calming. i will post it for you. seems as if i got my work cut out for me...i sure like to figure things out. :-) have a good day, cindy.

There is something about us human beings that makes us want to understand everything. We insist on being able to figure out all the experiences of life. But such is an impossible dream! Life and its experiences are too complex and frequently defy understanding. In addition, the wisdom of God who overrules all is frequently beyond our wisdom, and His ways are beyond tracing out.
We must frequently remind ourselves of that. Often trust is giving up our demand to understand. To accomplish that God often has to back us into a corner so we will be foreced to give up our little guessing games about understanding His ways. After all, Job reached his healthiest point in faith when he was willing to put his hand over mouth, complain no more, and trust God's ways.

**** Faith does not demand answers, but is willingness to trust God, no matter what.***

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Obviously you know that I follow your blog! I post almost every time you do. I am thankful you do not need another surgery! You've had more than your share this year and actually in your lifetime! Hopefully the foot insert will solve the problem w/ the pain in your foot. You are in my daily prayers.
Take care~
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Well even though you are now in the office daily. Praise God! God is good! I too still follow the blog. We continue to pray for you and your family daily! And I think if this blog site had a counter you would be surprised at the amount of caring friends and family out there continually praying for you! We are God's children!

Michele

Miriam said...

My mom recently had surgery on her foot for Morton's Neuroma. But yeah, that's one, versus how many for you? Hang in there!

Carey said...

Yeah, that's an easy fix!! Glad to hear the headaches are better this week!! Praying they continue improve, along with your strength.

Emily DeVries said...

Hey Cindy! We're always reading you posts here in Washington too! :) We also continue to pray. We love and miss you! I will be there in just 2 weeks now so I definitely wanna see you if you're feeling okay. Again, praying for you!
Love
Emily DV

Mary and Lyle said...

Yeah, Lyle and I are always checking too, and we think of and pray for you so much. We are thankful that you may not have to have another surgery and we are also glad that the headaches are in the "doable" range. We are so thankful for you and Kyle and your family and the awesome friends you have been to us for years and years! Have a great weekend, Cindy.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, don't blame you for wanting to know who's reading... however, since it doesn't register the many times we click on, pray, and click off.. it is "just One more thing" you'll have to wonder about! :) tee hee. Love you and hope that a bit of humor is fitting today. PTL along with you for good news regarding you footies

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
We continue to follow your blog and pray for you and your family. Glad the foot issue won't require another surgery. You've had far more than your fair share. Blessings to you and yours on the Sabbath week end.