Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tuesday

Time is going by so quickly.  It always seems as if May is a busy month and I am so glad that I am able to enjoy these activities!  Last year at this time I was not really functioning at all and missed nearly everything going on.  What a lot of progress I have made from a year ago!

I continue to improve, very slowly but surely.  The Lord knows my future and His plan for my life.  For now it seems that I may always have a smaller headache, but we will see.  My strength is coming back slowly but I do wonder if I will regain all that I have lost over these years.  For now I am just very thankful that I am able to do the things that are important to me with rest in between.  My wheelchair continues to be my back-up plan if we go anywhere that requires much walking.  I have made it completely around one block now, though, and that is a huge accomplishment for me!  It has been a long time since I have been able to do that!

This blog began as a way for me to write down my thoughts about my health.  Communication in any form with a strong headache is difficult.  So this became a way that I could let people know how I am doing and so that people would know how to pray for me.  Since I am improving so much, I am seriously considering ending this blog.  My thoughts over the years have been that this would be a good record for my children to have.  While they are young, it seems that they may not fully understand all that has happened through their childhood. I pray that they  may have a deeper understanding of what our family has endured by God's grace when they are adults.

I hope to have this journal printed with the loving comments that have been written over the years.  It would mean a lot to me if you have read this blog once or many times or even if you began the journey with me if you would write a comment.  The comments don't need to be remarkable!  I have had so many people over the years tell me that the read this blog but that they never comment.  Some day it would be such a blessing for the kids to see that so many prayed for and cared for our family.  The comments on this blog have been such a blessing to me!

I will probably write a couple more times, particularly after the next ultrasound. The Lord has blessed us so much!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blog and following your joys and struggles. Prayers for continued recovery and renewed strength. Erna Fedders(Pat Sandbultes mom)

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers. Pray for your strength to return so you can keep up running after those 4 wonderful children you have! :)

Joyce

Cipa said...

will miss reading your comments, You have been a witness and an inspiration to me an our family! And I'm glad that I still will see you and talk to you and hopefully enjoy more things together,
Cipa

Anonymous said...

Cindy: We are thrilled for you that you are enjoying life and its activities again! I'm sure we have read nearly every entry over the years and have said many prayers for you and your family. God never promised life would be easy, but He did promise he would carry us through those difficult times. You and Kyle have been great examples for all of us!
I will finish by sharing what Katie said in her prayers a month or two ago "Please may Cindy's headaches be EXTINCT!" I'm sure God got a kick out of that one!
Scott and Sally Te Stroete, Katie, Kyle and Brooke

Anonymous said...

I never knew the "before" Cindy, but the one I know is a real trooper! Your struggle, pain, and disappointments have always been with an honest attitude.. "I hurt, but with God's help..I'll try"..a great witness to me regarding your faith and love for the Lord, your family, and others. Don't hang up the bog too quickly.. still would like to catch the happy time too! Love to all... Kisses to your Mom! :)
Millie

Anonymous said...

Cindy, So glad that you are feeling better and hope the headaches continue to be more light and just a distance memory. I've really enjoyed reading your blog and pray you continue to do well.

Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

Cindy, we're so happy and thankful things are improving for you, and we pray things will continue to improve for you. Both you and your entire family have been incredible witnesses for Christ through all of this. Your faith is amazing, and truly you will hear someday, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Thank you for blessing all of us with your incredible strength and faith through all of your pain and suffering.

Tim, Pam, and Hope

Anonymous said...

I have watched God work in your life on a regular basis in this blog since we moved to Sioux Center. May God continue to bless you and Kyle and your entire family.

Rev. N.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, Thank you for your honesty and transparency during this long trial. Your faith has inspired me to rely more on the Lord. You and your family's situation has helped to teach our girls how to pray for others who are hurting. I would summarize your entries during mealtime devotions and the girls loved praying for you. Kayla (3) would often get "please be with..." and "thank-you for..." confused and she would say "thank you for Cindy Van Wyhe's headaches--help her not to get any more headaches." How the Lord has answered so many prayers! We are so happy for you and your family---that you can once again do activities together and lead more of a normal life. We pray the Lord will continue to bless you with a clear head and no more hospital stays. We will continue to pray for good health.
Blessings,
Esther Diekevers

Anonymous said...

inspiring. that's you cindy. humbled for having the opportunity to read your words. that's me. much gratitude for sharing. praying for continued strength and healing.