Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday

I continue to marvel at my blessings.  This week was a super busy week, with something every night.  Last year I was not able to do much of anything and this year I made it to each event and enjoyed it!  Tired?  Of course, but still pretty awesome!  I so appreciate the opportunities that God has granted me with better health!

As Mothers Day comes tomorrow, I think about my husband and children.  Many times I asked the Lord to take me to my eternal home and now I am thankful that His answer was no.  This celebration of Mothers Day is a joyful day for us, but for many that have lost a mother, it really is a sad reminder of those that are missed.  I am thankful that my husband and children are celebrating and not mourning on this day.

We had a recital today that was impressive, a concert last night that was outstanding and enjoying each event was an accomplishment that I don't take for granted.  Kyle and I celebrated 21 years of marriage on Thursday.     It is such a blessing that we made it to this milestone!  I am so thankful for a husband that has loved me and stood beside me in the "sickness" part of our vows of "in sickness and in health."

My strength is improving very slowly.  I know that I am improving.  Of course, I could always hope that it would be faster, but for now I am thankful that I am continuing to move in the right direction rather than the wrong direction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for updating us! I am so glad that you are able to attend all those events! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Cindy and family, we are so glad that God has put you on path to recouperation! We continue to pray for your strength to grow. God has given you an awesome attitude!

Wayne H. & family