Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday

Holiday's are so wonderful. We really appreciated the time together celebrating the Fourth of July although we celebrated on the 5th. The weather wasn't so very great but we had a lot of fun and the timing of things worked out pretty well for us between times of rain.

I continue having so many thoughts of the time in the hospital. It seems odd to me that I keep thinking about that time when I really don't want to think about it. However, in many ways it has been good for me because it continues to remind me to be thankful. How very blessed we are!

A Psalm that continues to come to mind for me is Psalm 139. What a beautiful Psalm of comfort! For years I have considered Psalm 121 my favorite but Psalm 139 is definitely right up there. Knowing that the Lord knows everything about me including my thoughts and the words I speak before I even speak them! The verses 5 & 6 "You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it." I love those words of comfort that promise that I can't do anything and nothing can happen to me that is outside of the Lord's sovereign will. That is so comforting! I remember reading the Psalms so often while in the hospital and being comforted and the continue to comfort me when I begin to question the Lord or become discouraged. God is good, all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!