Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Normal

Well, life is slowly falling back to closer to normal again. It was so nice to get away and enjoy time with the family. The kids are now working hard at catching up with homework and that "stuff."

I am starting to feel a little better, too. It took a lot out of me being away and I have been so tired since being home. I'm sure that day by day it will improve. I am so happy that I stayed "ok" while we were gone, though. I wondered how it would go. The Lord answered many prayers in providing a nice, healthy time away.

I am still finding that when I overdo it a little my headache does become stronger so I am still trying to find that balance. Lately I think I have been a little lax on trying to exercise so I need to work on that more but again stay within the limits my body has. I sometimes think that my strength is like water in a glass. I am given so much "water" each day. When the glass runs out, I can't go back for a refill so I am done for the day. Each drop of water needs to be used effectively because the water (or energy) can run out pretty quickly if I squander it!

While we were gone we took my wheelchair. I ended up using it more than I would have liked. However, so many things were spread out and if I chose to walk one time, I might use most of my daily allotment of energy so Kyle really encouraged me to use the wheelchair. Sometimes I feel a little silly. I think people see me in it, but then see me walking around at our "destination" and wonder what I am up to. But despite my embarrassment of using the wheelchair, it does give me more freedom than I would have otherwise.

No comments: