Thursday, March 25, 2010

continuing along

I seem to be holding fairly steady. Yesterday wasn't so great, but still quite tolerable. Things seem to stay fairly busy and sometimes I am amazed at how much I am doing while other times I get a bit frustrated at how little I can do. What a crazy problem. It boils down to perspective. If I compare it to life before headaches, I am doing pathetically little. If I think about what I could do 6 months ago or a year ago, I have made progress.

Probably the best thing to me right now is the typical person that sees me doesn't immediately worry about me collapsing in front of them. I think I am looking pretty normal. A few months ago if stranger saw me they seemed to become quite concerned about me staying on my feet. Now I really don't get comments from strangers--it is nice to blend in. :) Although having hair covering my head probably helps that a bit. :)

Have I said lately how thankful I am to be alive? I am so glad that I am here with my husband and kids, seeing their programs and hearing them talk about things that are exciting them. It would have been easier for me if I hadn't pulled through everything, but I would have missed so much! It makes me sad thinking about my kids growing up without a mom. I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to keep me here a while longer. I may not be the "old" mom that could do everything I could do with and for them before, but at least I am here.

No comments: