Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's been a year. . .

since Kyle and I said our good-byes. A year ago today I had a complication a day after a shunt surgery and we both thought I was going to die. I rather suddenly had incredible pain in my head that pain meds couldn't touch. It was a horrible time of incredible pain and tearful good-byes as I tried to give a few messages for Kyle to pass on to those I love. Facing death tends to refine you. I remember little about the time, but I do remember Kyle holding my hand and periodically reading to me from the Psalms. . . the only real comfort that I had.

I am thankful to be able to look back at that day and a few others that we thought may be the end and know that I am still here. The Lord has a plan for my life--a plan for each of our lives. I am thankful that I am still a mom to my kids and a wife to my faithful husband. The Lord has blessed us.

And Kyle tells me that it is a Saint Patricks Day that he will never forget.

4 comments:

Carey said...

Oh Cindy...

Grateful that God has granted you more time with us!!! Lovin on you.

benmunoz said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to let you know about ChiariSupport.org. I created this site and others like it for people with rare medical conditions to connect with each other.

Best
Ben Munoz
ben@bensfriends.org

Mary and Lyle said...

Hi Cindy,

I'm so glad that time is over! I remember going for a walk late at night and crying because I didn't know if I would see you again. I remember that this past summer too. God has been faithful and has provided much healing strength for you. We continue to pray for you as not all the days are easy. I'm so glad he's brought you so far. Love you!
Mary

Anonymous said...

God is good! There is a plan for you. God is not finished with you yet! Still praying daily for you. Praying for continued strength and healing. Still hoping someday you will be headache-free and strong enough to enjoy all the things in life that you like to do.
Joyce