Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Post #259 ( I can't believe we've written this often!)

A lot has happened since a year ago today I had what we once again thought would be the surgery to end all surgeries. Good thing we didn't know that it was only the start of quite a string of surgeries. Today is the anniversary of my first shunt surgery. Hard to imagine. It has been a tough year.

That being said, we have been blessed in ways that we never would have had we not had this year. This weekend Kyle's family surprised us with many frozen meals, cookies, desserts and a fruit basket--what a shock that caused my tears to flow. We have been so blessed by family and friends.

This week marks another celebration that we like to recognize each year--Riley and Tara came home from Guatemala the 16th and the 17th of December in 2002 and 2003. We always like to celebrate our family day during the week of this anniversary. Our kids are such a blessing!

I am still doing ok. My strength doesn't seem to be improving much at all, but my head has stayed pretty steady with a moderate headache--very tolerable. This is a busy time of the year and that is catching up with me a little, but overall it is going ok. I am so thankful to be feeling as well as I am in comparison to previous years at this time. It is all in perspective--I will take this gladly.

No comments: