Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another milestone

I finally had the opportunity to go to a movie last night. What a treat! I haven't been able to do that for a few years, so it was enjoyable and another sense of accomplishment. Our kids also had their Christmas program tonight, and it was so awesome to be there. I can't remember if I was able to go last year but I am guessing I missed it since it would have been a short time after my first & second shunt surgery. My memory still isn't so great for periods of time through the last year.

Also, after a bit of stress about Christmas coming without all my shopping done, my mom and sister took me shopping Friday afternoon and I got that finished up. I had done most of my shopping online, but there were a few things that I needed to actually shop for. I enjoyed getting out to shop and it was so nice to get things done.

This has been a pretty good week for me overall. Friday my headache was a little worse and I would guess that was because of the storm coming in. Of course, it fell on the day that I went shopping, but it all worked out ok. I am so thankful that I am doing as well as I am. This is the best that I have been over the holiday season for a few year, and I am enjoying each moment.!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for another milestone! Still praying for you regularly. Wishing you and your family a Blessed Christmas!
Barb Tazelaar

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy,

I am SOOOOO glad that you are doing so well overall. I know there are still tough days and that you still have pain, but I am so thankful that this is the best you've been in a very long time. I keep praying for continued and growing strength for you! How nice that you were able to go shopping with your mom and sister! That's awesome. Hope that you are able to have a most blessed Christmas with your family!!

Mary

Carey said...

So glad you got to check that one off your list! I heard it was a great movie. Good to see you out and about. Maybe one of these days we'll visit! Merry Christmas, Cindy.