Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Wednesday

Things are still a little tough around here with my head.  Obviously it isn't a secret since it is on the blog but I have tried not to make such a big deal out of it just because our family, but especially me, is so sick of these headache issues!

I saw the “Eyegraine” doctor first yesterday.  After some testing, he is quite convinced that my eyes are the issue.  He is having me do an experiment where I have one lense of my glasses covered so that I am only using one eye for everything.  He said that after three to four days of that if my headache goes away we will know that is the problem.  I hope it at least goes down.  It seems to much to expect to have it go away entirely. 

Being with one eye is challenging and right now I don’t think it is helping the headache.  His testing showed that my eyes are not properly aligned and so that they are working particularly hard to focus.  That in turn irritates a nerve connected to the eye that runs through the side of my head and down the neck.  He thinks it will take that long to find out because my nerves are so irritated.  We’ll see how this goes.  If it is indeed the problem, he doesn’t think replacing my lenses will help because they will continually need to be adjusted.  So he proposed that I see a particular ophthalmologist for further testing if this seems to be the issue.  He may then suggest a surgery to cut one of the muscles in one of my eyes and I think reattach it (I am not sure about the last part) so that my eyes will more closely align.  He thinks that I will still need the “Eyegraine” lenses but that I will not have nearly as many problems.  He said that my eyes are 90 pixels off, whatever that means.

At this point my headache has been more intense than it has for a couple years besides the occasional bad day.  My ears are ringing loudly and I am having a tough time processing and thinking through things.  It is very hard to go back to this day in and day out.  Please don't laugh too loudly if you happen to see me because it does look strange to have one side of my glasses covered up!

This morning was especially hard because I had a big day yesterday and chose to go to a concert of the older kids last night.  Huge day and payback came today.  After a hot bath and nap I am picking up a bit.  I need to since today is Riley's birthday! 

3 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

Boy, I hate to think of another surgery for you! I do hope hope this experiment works though because at least you would know what the solutions is. It is harder when it is a headache that they have no idea how to fix! We will be in prayer for you. I do not want to think about you going back to the headaches of several years ago. I am hoping that the eye doctor will be able to help you and that you will go back to the way things have been these last couple years. Hope you were able to celebrate Riley's birthday as a family and feel well for this! Thinking of you Cindy!!!i

Unknown said...

I just "stumbled" on your blog again having no idea you had even recently posted. I'm so sorry you're struggling with worse headaches again!! Honestly, like you mentioned, I saw you from behind at the concert and thought, oh it's so nice she can at least attend these events now. Having no idea you were in pain. I will pray!! We have no idea what God is up to and it may seem really out of whack from our perspective, but it helps to know He knows what we do not. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read that there has been some regression. Certainly hope solutions can be found. Remembering you and your family in prayer.