Friday, February 21, 2014

A little decline

So I have deteriorated a bit once again.  I've noticed that the last month or so I have slowly declined but started feeling it more last week and it hit me hard this week.  Wednesday night Kyle gave me a shot and then I was able to get in to the neurologist Thursday.  I hadn't really believed that the botox shots were really helping my headaches since I continue to have the headache every day. However, since I have declined a ways it is very possible that it is because I haven't had the most recent series. 

The doctor gave me the 39 botox shots in my forehead, side of my head, neck and shoulders.  Then because I was feeling pretty miserable even though I had taken a Toradol shot a few hours earlier she gave me two other shots to try to contain the headache.  Thankfully my Dad drove me down there and back because I didn't feel confident in driving myself.  The shots helped but I am still struggling a bit.  My ears are ringing loudly and I can feel the stronger headache lurking.  I went to physical therapy today to get some relief as well.

The doctor asked me to come back on Tuesday for a consult and to check my eyes to see if the "Eyegraine" prescription needs to be adjusted.  They will also review current medications to see if there is anything else going on.  I can feel myself going the wrong way so I really hope the doctor here can put her finger on what is happening and help me get this turned around again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Praying that the doctors can bring you relief very soon. I hope the headaches get less and less in the coming week. Hopefully the botox shots will help quite a bit.

Praying for you often,

Love, Robin

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy,

You are always in my thoughts and prayers...you know that! I have never stopped praying for you. I am hoping the shots, physical therapy, and possible medicine adjustments will be helping. Thanks for writing about it on your blog and being honest when things aren't going as well. Those of us that care so much about you really do want to know. I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you go back to the doctor.
Love ya,
Mary
P.S. So glad your dad could drive you last week!