Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday

Life continues to take my breath away.  I would never have imagined how busy having four kids, going in four different directions, could be.  Therefore I haven't had much time to write.

I would say that I am back to where I was with the old medication at this point, but I'm not finding that I am gaining strength.  That is quite frustrating to me!  My goal is to be able to get through full days without having to rest.  Getting to the point that I can tolerate a little more noise would sure be nice as well.

Last week for Thanksgiving we spent time with Kyle's family on Thursday.  That went very well and I enjoyed it although I was pretty tired by the time we headed home.  Then on Saturday we spent time with my side of the family.  It was wonderful to be together with all, but very difficult.  I just can't tolerate the noise of many people and the activities of so many kids.  By the time I left there I was miserable.  So hard to want to spend time with both families but it isn't so easy.

So as I have complained and been a little frustrated with the lack of improvement, we had a sermon on Sunday based on Hebrews 12.  I am going to quote a few verses because they are such an encouragement to me!

"And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?  My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.  It is for discipline that you have to endure.  God is treating you as sons.  For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? . . . . . For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

We leave on Saturday for Baltimore.  Kyle is going with me and one of my sisters and her family will be staying at our home with the kids.  We are so thankful for her!  I visit both the neurologist and the gynecologic oncologist on Monday and have another ultrasound done.  We are praying for good answers, more ideas to improve my head and strength.  Our tickets are booked to take us back home on Tuesday.  Please pray for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Praying!

Joyce

Deb Vant Hul said...

Praying!