Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday

Wow!  Life has been so incredibly busy that I haven't taken the time to write on my blog for a while. 

I woke up not feeling well last Tuesday yet but as the day progressed it seemed that I started feeling better which is unusual because I usually decline as the day goes by.  I think the medication finally started to kick in after several days of the higher dose and it is helping quite a bit.  Life is much more tolerable day to day which I am thankful for.  The headache is still there all the time, of course, but more manageable.  The ringing in my ears still seems louder than it used to be but I can deal with that.  I don't feel that I am gaining strength with the new drug which is disappointing.  That was the main reason for the switch.  I still become both physically and mentally exhausted every day and if I push it one day it often carries into the next.

Last week was a marathon for this old lady!  :)  We had a busy week with the kids I had meetings in Des Moines Thursday and Friday.  Going to the meetings was a challenge that I was concerned about but it went very well.  Thankfully I have a perceptive leader that recognized that I was wearing out around 2:00 the first day so he sent me off to the hotel.  The next day went well, but I was sure tired that evening!  I haven't been able to go to many meetings over the last years so it felt pretty good to attend and see folks that I haven't seen for some time.  Another step in the right direction.

Saturday was a swim meet for Tara and then Sunday we had the blessing and privilege of witnessing our older two children make profession of faith.  This simply means that they publicly proclaimed the Lord as their Saviour and officially became members of the church.  What a blessing!  So amazing--what we have prayed for since their birth.  Then we had a small lunch after church for family and a few of the kids' friends.  So by the time that was done and the week was finished I took a three hour nap and still felt tired! 

So we continue taking things one day at a time, thanking God each day for the strength to complete the day.  I so hope and pray that the Lord renews my strength so that I can get through a whole day without a rest and significant exhaustion.  When I say that I just long for being "normal" I simply would love to get through whole day without a rest and without being physically and mentally a goner!

No comments: