Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday

So I haven't been writing much and that is a good sign!  I continue to move forward, slowly but surely.

Honestly, sometimes this recovery stage is challenging in a different way.  I am so much more aware of things and I can see so much that I need to do, haven't done, etc.  I know to a certain extent that is normal for everyone, but I have things that literally haven't been done for 6 years!  Where do you start?  That becomes overwhelming and discouraging.

The 4th of July celebration was wonderful!  We live in a beautiful country with freedoms that we take for granted.  It is refreshing to think about the gift that we have been given living in this country.  We had a fun day at the lake and enjoyed the fireworks that night.  Unfortunately it took me a couple days to recover from the fun--another reminder that I have a ways to go to gain my strength.  I really didn't do much that day, but it must have been too much!

I continue to do well, but maybe a little more "subdued" with the realities of life.  It is a blessing to be doing as well as I am but along with the blessing come challenges that I didn't think about or expect.  I feel badly about maybe "complaining" a bit about being well!  That seems wrong!  But I have sought to be honest and truthful in my writing and this is where I am finding myself.

No comments: