Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday

I seem to be going up and down like a yo-yo with my head, which matches what the barometer seems to be doing lately.  Tomorrow I will see the local neurosurgeon and I am hoping to have an adjustment.  So hoping that I can feel a little better!  I am still functioning and moving forward, but it seems like it is getting a little harder again.  And I am oh, so tired!  My energy level is just zip. 

The good news?  Saturday our older kids were gone for the day at All-State tryouts so I  made the decision to go with Kyle to bring Tara to her tutoring.  Riley came along, too.  We had a special time after tutoring going out for a pizza lunch and then we went to a movie together!!!  Huge for me and the first movie I have seen in the theater for a very long time!  We weren't sure how it would go, but I took some medication, put in my earplugs and we went for it.  I did pretty well!  I had to close my eyes during maybe 1/3 of the movie when there was a little more action.  We saw Dolphin Tale, which was a fantastic movie for kids and not a lot of action which made it more tolerable for me.  So that was a pretty big accomplishment and a special time that I could spend with our younger two kids.  I was lamenting the lack of special times particularly with them and now had the opportunity to do something so I am so thankful for that!

I have been thinking lately, though, that I am learning to be thankful that the Lord doesn't always answer our prayers with a yes.  Life is not so easy with my head these days again, but I am once again thankful to be on this earth yet being a mom to my kids and a wife.  So many days and weeks and months I have prayed for the Lord to take me to my eternal home and for now I am thankful that I am still here.  So I am grateful that the Lord's plan is better than my plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy! Thinking of you! I'm wondering if you did get a shunt adjustment and how you are feeling now. Thought it was great that you were able to go to Sioux Falls and to a movie! I think you are doing a great job being the best mom to your kids that you can be and they will have lots of great memories of their childhood when they are grown! Keeping you in our prayers!

Mary