Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday

I haven't written much because things aren't changing much.  My abdomen continues to be tender but I have decided to wait another week or two before deciding if I should pursue it further or assume that it will be okay.  My head has been somewhat okay.  Although the barometer seems to be fairly steady this week, my head has just not been feeling so great.  I am also really struggling with weakness and lack of strength.  Next week I will be having my shunt adjusted and I am praying that the change may give my head some relief and perhaps allow my strength to build.  We continue to take things just a day at a time and pray for strength to get through each day.

Last Saturday we sold our camper.  It was an incredibly sad day for me.  This summer we didn't get out once primarily because of my health issues.  I am particularly sad that our youngest two won't have the camping memories and experiences that our older two have had.  Life isn't fair and I remind all of our kids of that regularly and I am reminding myself of that as well.  I hope that I can get well enough that my younger two will have some memories of spending time with mom, even if it is the smallest things.  Although that really isn't happening now much at all, I am grateful that they have a mom yet and maybe just being there makes up for the many things that a normal mom would do.

No comments: