Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sabbath

Another week is gone. The weather has been so beautiful! I am very thankful for that!

A lot has happened this week! We started with doing our duty at the concessions for a football game for our son's high school. It was fun, but was more than what I could handle. I knew that I was wearing out but by the time I got home I was miserable and had a very rough day on Tuesday. Thankfully it was just one day of recovery, though and Wednesday was much better. It was a good thing, too, because we went camping since the kids were out of school Thursday and Friday. It was beautiful and the kids did a great job packing up the camper. There are definitely advantages to having older kids that have learned a lot about responsibility in having a mother that is limited in activity! The camping was wonderful. The wheelchair came along and I had an exhausting day in the wheelchair going through the Omaha Zoo. How can I become so tired when all I do is sit? I haven't figured that out yet, but I was much more tired than the rest of my family and they all took turns pushing me around. We had given them the option of going to the zoo or another place that I would not have been able to go to because the wheelchair just wouldn't work there. They agreed that although the other place would have been their first choice, it was more important to them to go to a place that I could join them so they chose the zoo. I felt pretty blessed having the kids choose me over an activity they would have preferred.

The week also brought great sadness. Dear sweet little Allie was taken by her Heavenly Father to her final home early Saturday morning. Little Allie fought for her life for 45 days before the Lord took her. She is now walking streets of gold with her twin sister Alliese and their triplet sibling that was lost much earlier in the pregnancy. I am praying for the family that is mourning the loss of this sweet child. Two funerals in 1 1/2 months to say good-bye to their children will be a burden but I am so thankful that their faith in the Lord will sustain them.

No comments: