Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday

Where do the weeks go? Monday morning had to have just been yesterday morning it seems. They say that time passes by even faster as we age. I must be very old!

This has been a relatively good week. I may have overdone it, particularly on Wednesday but the cost of it was just a slower, not so great day Thursday. I am so thankful that the relapse I experienced hasn't reoccured.

That being said, I have visited with the neurosurgeon, primary doctor and pharmacist. The ns basically said what I expected--call if it gets much worse and they will order a ct scan. The others have agreed that adding a dose of the current medication I am on is the first best step to see how things go. After a few weeks if I haven't improved we may add an additional medication to see how I respond to that. It feels good to have a plan and I am so thankful for my primary doctor and pharmacist being willing to work with me. They are completely on the same page that I am on--if things start getting worse we will jump on it right away to try to prevent the downward spiral that fall seems to bring on for me.

Ultimately, I know that having a plan isn't going to heal me and that God is fully in control. I am so thankful that the Lord has put the trained professionals in my life that He has chosen. Even if I do get worse and start having major problems again I am comforted that nothing happens to me outside of God's control. He has provided so richly for me and I know that He will provide the strength and courage that I will need if I have to walk that path again. What more can I ask for?

1 comment:

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy, I am always so thankful to read of your perspective! It is so comforting to hear you say that even if things would get very difficult again, you know who is in control. He is with you every step of the way. I am praying that things do not go "in a downward spiral" however! I hope this is the best fall and winter that you've had in years! Thinking of you!

Mary