Thursday, June 3, 2010

whirlwind

It seems that we are just rushing from one thing to the next this last while. It was quieter this week, but. . . . we are heading out tomorrow morning at 5:00 am for a family trip to Washington state. We have been hoping to do this for the last few years, but with my health being what it has been we have not been able to go. Since I am doing better we decided that we had better take advantage of it! It will be fun to visit places and loved ones that I saw so often as a child and now rarely see. The last time I was there was for my grandfather's funeral about 6 years ago, and that was a short trip with only time long enough to prepare a funeral. We are really looking forward to this time.

The logistics aren't always so easy, but they will work. I still do not travel well--riding in a bumping car is very hard on me. So, Kyle is dropping me off at the airport bright and early and then he and the kids will continue on and drive to Washington. I will fly in tomorrow afternoon, Lord willing, and Kyle and the kids will be driving in Saturday evening. The parents of a friend of Kyle have very graciously offered to let us stay in their condo while we are there, which is so very kind! It will give me a place to go for quiet time as I need it. I stayed home from work today to prepare for the trip, and although I am exhausted now we are ready and it went fairly well. Dear Renae, my sister, helped me again with some things. What a blessing family is!

I am not sure if I will have computer access while I am gone so I will update if I have the opportunity but otherwise I will write when we all get back. My head has been much better after a rough day on Monday, for which I am so thankful! I am rather curious how the climate, etc., will affect my head. Regardless, we are praying that the trip goes well and that we will have some great family memories!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Praying you all have a wonderful time, making great memories!