Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday

Time continues to speed by.  I went back for a post-op appointment on Monday morning.  My eye had been quite irritated and red yet so I suspected that a stitch may need to be taken care of.  Sure enough, there was one stitch lower in my eye and another up in the top of my eye that both needed to be snipped and pulled out.  It sounds awful to have stitches in your eyeball snipped and pulled out!  Since it is numb I didn't feel so much with the higher stitch but the one in my lower eye did hurt a little more.  Really not so bad, though, and it feels so much better having them out!

The best news is that my head still seems to be doing pretty well!  Yes, I still have a headache, but it is now more of a minor irritation most of the time rather than in the forefront.  What a blessing!  The ophthalmologist tested my eyes and he was quite pleased that my headaches were doing so much better and that the correction he was seeking was right on. He is hoping that I will not need to wear the lenses, too!  That would just be icing on the cake!  :)

It sounds like there have only been a small handful that have had this surgery for this type of correction.  Each of the us have had very successful results.  He said that he and a few other doctors are working on this together and hope to take in nationally!  Amazing that this type of cutting edge treatment is originating right in Sioux Falls!

So now I pray that the Lord doesn't have any more unique or otherwise weird things to reveal about my body malfunctioning.  I seem to be one of the very unique creatures of God that has about the most unlikely things happen.  So praying that these trials may subside for a very long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy.. Just got back to reading your blog. I was hoping to read that your eyes were correcting. How wonderful to read that healing continued and that there is much improved! Praising the Lord with you and praying for continued relief and healing.
PS We are back up in NW Washington for the summer.