Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A warm Wednesday evening

I haven't written for a while and that is good news. 

My eye continues to heal.  A week or two ago it started becoming a little more irritated and red so I finally went in today to check it out.  Nothing serious thankfully.  I have to start the prescription drops again for a week and see what happens.  I thought that maybe a stitch was starting to protrude again because there is a bump on my eye.  However, it is just how my eye is healing.  If you think about how a scar sometimes heals on your arm, for example, it will sometimes have rough spots that don't lay down as well.  That is happening on my eye and it may have gotten a little bit of dust in the protrusion.  So I need to try to stay away from dust and just keep on going.

I am so very thankful that my headaches have been doing so well, though!  They haven't flared so much after really busy days which is amazing!  My body can't keep up, though, so I still get sick feeling and wiped out.  However, I can see that although I am not nearly as strong as I should be, I have definitely made progress.  My wheelchair hasn't been out for me in about eight months.  That is good news!

My family continues to make progress.  Kylie is having more problems with reflux so she is having testing done for that.  She had a procedure done today to scope her esophagus, etc., and is struggling with nausea now.  Tanner eagerly awaits going to Pennsylvania for college.  The younger two are growing older and that is interesting at times!  It feels like we have four teenagers in the house now although that is not technically chronologically true.  :)

Blessings to all that continue to read this blog!  I've had several people comment to me in person about not writing so I thought today would be a good time for a little update.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy!

Thanks for the update. I thought you looked great at the wedding last weekend! Glad the headaches are staying mild and not getting stronger.

Hope you can build you strength back up and continue to do well!

Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am glad to hear you are doing well. It had been awhile since I checked your blog so I was glad to see your headaches are mild and your strength returning. Keep that wheelchair tucked away! Enjoy your summer!

-Esther D.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, Thankful to read that the Lord is granting some healing and relief for your vision and headaches. Hope more of your strength returns. Hope the summer activities and plans for the fall work out well. Hope Kylie feels relief soon. Millie