Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday

I have continued to feel quite overwhelmed with life.  I just can't keep up!

Last week Wednesday I met with the optometrist that is partnering with my new neurologist, an eye surgeon and someone else.  It was quite interesting because they are studying how the eye focuses.  If the focusing isn't working quite right, it can irritate the optic nerve, which then can cause irritation to another nerve which can cause headaches and neck pain.  This might be an underlying problem to the others that I have had.  I failed the test pretty badly, so they are pretty confident that they can help me with the current headache, at least to a certain extent.  The treatment is pretty simple and painless--glasses!  They have lenses that are made in Norway.

So next week Wednesday or so I will start wearing glasses.  They told me to wear them from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed and that I should see improvement after 4 days.  Another experiment so we will see how that goes!

I really apologize that I haven't been communicating with anyone!  I am so overwhelmed and home and work and so my communication with others has been almost completely non-existent.  I am attempting to shorten my office days a little bit in an effort to get on top of things physically but that isn't working so well yet, either.  One day at a time.  I have been so blessed, so when I get frustrated with all of this I really have been trying to focus on how blessed that I am and we are as a family to have me at least partially back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,

Wouldn't that be awesome if glasses would help with the head-aches? Wow! That would be super great. Don't worry when you can't communicate with your friends so much. We love ya and know that you are busy. We get together when we can! Thinking of you! Have a blessed Sunday!

Mary

KPhilipsen said...

Hi Cindy,

I hope that the glasses fix the troubles! I'm also going to work on some meals for you and your family. Please let us know if we can ease your load in any other way.

You will be in my prayers.

Blessings,
Kim