Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday

Just a quick update on my dad!  After the test on Monday it was determined that the cancer has not spread to other organs, which is great!  However, it has gotten very deep in the colon.  Evidently there are four layers in the colon and it has gotten to the fourth layer but not penetrated that layer.  He will have a consult on Wednesday with the surgeon and we anticipate that surgery will be scheduled soon after.

I continue to stay about the same with my head.  Things became a little too much by Monday so I ended up needing a shot again.  Unfortunately that has happened a little more frequently than I would like.  This morning when I woke up my eyes were still closed but I couldn't help thinking that it would be such a blessing to wake up one morning without a headache.

Thank you so much for your prayers for my Dad and our family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

Continued prayers for you and your family and for your dad. Have you gotten any more news about surgery or treatment for him? We are praying for you as your headaches have increased a bit. Life can be very difficult sometimes. You are in our prayers.

With love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

I just read the news about your dad. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad our God is able to carry us, with His strength, through difficult trials in life. I think of the Bible verse that says though the flood, fire, calamity come into our lives, we won't be swallowed up by them because He lives. Please keep posting and updating so we can know how to continue to pray for your dear family.

Laura (MT)