Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday

Well, I see that I have neglected my blog for a while!  This season has been so busy that I really couldn't keep up with the basics.  But now it seems that things are slowing down and we can all catch our breath.  What an incredible blessing, though, to be home through this season and participate in so many of the Christmas things that I missed last year.  It seems like I spent most of December last year in Baltimore.  It is a nice place and there are great people there, but it sure is nice to be home.

So I went to the neurologist locally last week.  They had an opening and I asked to be on their call list.  It went very well.  As the she began asking my medical history and I briefly explained a small portion of it she interrupted me with a look and the statement, "you know I am only a small town neurologist."  Thankfully, after I explained that I am simply looking for a local neurologist that would help with certain things she seemed to be very willing to work with me.  So now we are waiting for authorizations for certain treatments and really hoping that I might be able to get it in yet before the end of the year.  That probably won't happen, but it would be nice for insurance deductible reasons.  We'll see.

It seems that I have gotten slightly stronger over the last little while.  I still really need rest in the afternoon, but I have not been as miserable the day after overdoing it the last few times.  Big improvement!

I have so much to be thankful for!  2012 has been a challenging year and we pray that 2013 may be a little less eventful!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SUCH GOOD NEWS CINDY! I loved hearing that you are feeling a bit stronger. It's been quite awhile since you've been able to say that. That's awesome to hear. Praying you'll continue moving in the right direction.

Mary