Saturday, November 15, 2014

November and snowing

In Situ. . . .

These words are such a blessing to hear after a diagnosis of melanoma.

Yep, another diagnosis.  I had a mole that had bubbled up a bit and then changed colors.  As a side note when visiting my family practitioner about another issue, I remembered to ask him about it.  It didn't look alarming but since it had changed he decided to remove it.

He called a few days later to tell me that it was melanoma and that it was outside of the borders of what had been removed.  More likely in situ but until the rest was removed we wouldn't know. 

A dermatologist removed an area on my upper left arm that was 5 cm long and about 3 cm wide.  It was deep enough that my arm will remain sunken in there but at this point the stitches are out and it is just sore. 

She removed two more moles on Monday.  Thursday the nurse called saying that one was severely atypical but okay--I just have to watch the site closely for any future discoloration.  However, the other was more suspicious and sent to another lab to be removed.  So once again we are praying that if it is Melanoma that it is in situ.  Good words when it is cancer, especially melanoma which is the most aggressive and deadly of the skin cancers.

We know that God has a plan for our lives.  My health, although greatly improved, is not impressive.  I struggle with weakness, my daily head is improved but still there, and regularly I still have strong headache days. Our youngest child has many challenges and that gives us many challenges.  Exhausting. 

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow Cindy...prayers. Thankful for good reports so far. (((HUGS)))